Order 3D Printed P51-D MUSTANG
Please select the options below.
Order the P51-D MUSTANG kit or partsFAQ
Ordering a 3D Printed "P51-D MUSTANG"" Kit
This tool allows you to calculate the cost of printing and shipping the P51-D MUSTANG model airplane kit and/or spare parts.
How to order:
- Set the options on the left and click the "Calculate" button
- Change the options as needed and click "Calculate" button again.
- When you're happy with the results click the Paypal Button and finish the checkout at Paypal´s website.
- I will review the order, print and ship.
- Please keep an eye on your email inbox and SPAM folders.
- Printing the P51-D MUSTANG takes approximately 24 hours on one single printer, thankfully we have more than one printer so your kit will be produced just in just a fraction of that.
Packaging & Postage:
- Larger parts individually packed in bubble wrap film so nothing gets lost or damaged.
- Double cardboard box.
- Priority Airmail. The tracking number will be sent to you and posted at Paypal´s website
- The PDF Assembly manual has links to web pages where you can obtain the needed electronics and even some supplies.
- On multiple kits orders, each kit will be shipped on an individual box, it wouldn't be cheaper to ship combined.
Terms of Service.
About the 3D File source and Print Service:
The P51-D MUSTANG was designed by 3dlabprint and will be printed by AeroFred as a service.
Model Printing and Order Processing:
Printing a model airplane requires many hours of printing, typically, for the models we sell, between 24 and 280 hours if the job is done one one single printer. Luckily we have many printers so your new plane will be ready to ship in 1-2 days if is printed in PLA or up to 2 weeks if it´s printed in PET-G and we don´t have the chosen color in stock.
Models from 3dlabprint can be scaled up by up to 130% depending on the model but please know that when these models are printed all the needed fixtures for motor, battery pack, servos, links, wiring ducts are also printed so they would all be scaled so additional work will be required on your end to fit the gear.
As an example, the Edge uses 5 grams servos, if scaled to 130% (1,56m) the servo slots will hold 12 grams servos perfectly but the motor mount will have to be adapted. This can be easily done by using bolts from end to end and washers in the back. Not beg deal. But on the P-47 that uses retracts the ob is not this easy, you would have to create a plate with holes to secure the retracts to the wing.
We can´t do modifications at design level. However, PLA glues very well with CA and accelerator so you can do as in any other model airplane kit, you can add balsa or lite ply and you can make any modifications yourself.
You will receive:
- Complete P51-D MUSTANG 3D Printed KIT on PLA or individual parts for the same model, depending on your order.
- One piece of printed PLA, some bad print I may have around here, so you can do your experiments and tests instead of trying on the plane itself.
- Cardboard box with appropriate cushioning so the parts are protected during the shipment.
The manual can be downloaded in PDF format and has links to web pages where the needed components can be ordered.
You will NOT receive:
- 3d .stl or .gcode files, project files or any files at all apart from the pdf manual.
- CA Glue or CA Accelerator.
- Electronic components.
- Wheels, hinges, propellers, screws, piano wire, carbon fiber tubes or rods, paint or decals.
Vinyl decals do not stick on 3d printed planes, the only way to add insignia, camouflage, letterings is to paint with acrylic spray paint and a stencil or a mask.
Assembly and preparation:
Modeling work it´s your job :)
You will have to follow the manual to assembly this kit and do all the work needed, this is a model airplane Kit, not a toy.
Both PLA and PET-G are excellent choices for printed planes but PLA will not withstand temperatures above 60C and inside a car in a hot day this temperature can be reached easy, if you live in a region with hot weather the best option for you is to select PET-G as building material, PET-G is more expensive, harder to produce and takes longer to print but the parts are stronger than PLA and will hold temperatures up to 90C. PET-G weights the same as PLA and it´s slightly more flexible making it best choice for durable model airplanes today.
About our printers:
We use high quality original 3D Printers, no Chinese clone printers or cheap Ebay 3d printers.
About the different filament types:
PLA is the most used material on 3d printing today, it prints well, with good finishing and little or no warping. We use the top quality filaments made from NatureWorks Ingeo3D850 and Ingeo3D870 and Filament PM.
PLA shouldn´t be used in warmer climates and dark colors or dark painted PLA should not be left under the sun, it will deform, temperatures above 60C will deform PLA.
ABS is one of the most commonly used plastic, Legos are ABS, your car bumpers are probably ABS. This material has a high resistance to heat (90C or more) and it´s strong. It would be perfect for our planes if it wasn´t so hard to print in single wall as we do in model airplanes.
It is still used for solid parts like motor mounts an other parts that require strength and heat resistance.
PET-G is the material used in plastic bottles, it´s very strong, possibly stronger than ABS and has a heat resistance similar to ABS. PET-G it´s a little more flexible than PLA but is still a great material for printed model airplanes. It is the right choice for warmer climates and when extra resistance is needed.
As you see no material is perfect, I could continue describing other materials such as nylon, carbon impregnated PLA or PETG and so on and we would always find positive and negative aspects for each one of them.
In doubt choose PET-G
We will use strong double wall cardboard boxes and the appropriate cushioning to protect each one of the printed parts, every part is rolled on bubble wrap plastic film.
We ship from Portugal, Europe and use the reliable Portuguese mail system CTT.
CTT has delivery agreements with different entities on each country so if you´re from the US you may have your order delivered by USPS, in the UK may be Royal Mail and so on.
Postage Rates Types:
We charge according to the ctt.pt postage table
. The smaller planes that fit boxes up to 90cm (sum of the three dimensions) and weighting less than 2kg we ship as a "letter" so the postage it´s cheap, larger planes have to be shipped as a "package", this is why the postage it´s expensive for medium and large planes.
Priority Mail w/ Tracking:
All 3D Printed models and parts are shipped by priority mail that is traceable, larger boxes are shipped as a package that is also registered and traceable and will arrive as quick as priority mail.
We will only accept returns of non assembled, undamaged complete models or spare parts.
Postage fees from the original order are non refundable and you will have to pay the postage back to us.
No re-stocking fee if everything arrives in good condition.
In doubt please ask us
for an opinion.
Orders can be paid with Paypal
or Credit Card
via Paypal and are shipped to the address on your Paypal account or to the address you set at checkout.
Placing an order on this page implies acceptance of the above Terms of Service.